Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Tractor Info

I have a bit more info on the tractors, this is for Galadriel, since you asked and I like talking tractors. :) I have a 17 hp Yanmar I've used for years to clear the farmstead, but it is narrow and not well suited for a FEL ( front end loader). So I have a lot of implements that can be used on the newer, well not newer ... NEW tractor. 42 inch bush hog that did all the work on cutting down the brush, box blade that you see on the Jinma, rototiller, harrows, grader blade, post hole drill borrowed from a friend, and a spring rake ( it has spring loaded tines so it bounces out of the way). Now all I have to do is get the work done. I also have a Farmall Super A I'm working on and would like to use it just to cultivate. I can use belly mounted cultivators so its easy to see when I wipe out a section of veggies. The steering is a little loose after 60 years of work. Thats the line up of stuff I use to keep from working to hard.

2 comments:

Galadriel said...

Oh wow. You have THREE tractors? Now I'm even more jealous! And what a terrific selection of attachments.

You said you have a "small farm," but it sounds pretty big for a farm managed by one person. More than one field sounds big to me. Whew!

Whole Grain Baker said...

Dave, That's a really nice, shiney tractor!!