Friday, March 20, 2009

hachery started

with 3 hens sitting I decided to finely get started on the hatchery. It will be 8 x 12 and have 2 bays on the side with a center isle. This way i can keep the outer door shut and stop potential escapees for getting out. I can divide the 2 bays in half if I have to but I am hoping 2 hens will share the same area. But there is a plan if they don't. I can also keep food in the center so it's easier to feed them. the clay is to raise the floor level up some 4 or 5 inches to help keep out the water, if it ever rains again and it has a lot of sand in it so water should also soak thru. I have to hurry and get this done as next week I need to put fertilizer out and the week after is planting week. For some reason this doesn't seem like retirement.

No comments: