Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Green House Wreck

Disaster struck today! After all the hard work yesterday of putting on the green house film, a wind storm did it in. When i returned today from the co-op, the film was on the ground. I was not happy! It looks like the film, under pressure from the wind, rotated the plastic clips that were supposed to hold it all in place. Once that started the clips popped off and let the film free. So much for the clips that are rated for a high wind load. The other problem is how slick the film is. This let the clips easily rotate. So, as soon as the wind lays, in a few days, I will try again. This time when I'm done I will run in some self tapping screws that will prevent the clips from rotating. I how this will fix the problem.

On a lighter note, i collected 25 eggs from the very hard working hens. A new record for the daily count.

No comments: